Contact us today for your Free Quote
Bywaters commitment to quality, health and safety and environmental management ensure our clients and employees benefit from our continual improvement approach. We are proud to have achieved the rigorous certifications against ISO 14001, ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 9001:2015.
ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
Environmental management is at the heart of our ethos, ISO 14001 provides assurance to employees and external stakeholders that Bywaters continue to measure environmental impact, identifying and implementing ongoing improvements. The achievement of this certification supports our continued drive to enhance environmental performance.
Bywaters dedication to improving environmental practices was recognised through:
- Implementation and maintenance of environmental management systems.
- Setting, reviewing and publishing appropriate environmental and quality objectives and targets.
- Compliance with all legal and contractual requirements.
- Continually improving the Environmental Management System, enhancing environmental performance.
- Continually improving the Quality Management System.
- Commitment to prevent (wherever possible) or minimise, mitigate or remediate any harmful effects on the environment caused by our operations.
ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health and Safety
According to the International Labour Organization, more than 7 600 people die from work-related accidents or diseases every single day. That’s why an ISO committee of occupational health & safety experts set to work to develop an International Standard with the potential to save almost three million lives each year.
Bywaters is committed to providing high-quality waste and resource management services while maintaining a working environment which is free of injury and ill-health. To this end, we continue to:
- Maintain an Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Management System compliant with ISO 45001:2018.
- Continually improve the Management System and enhance Occupational Health and Safety performance of the company.
- Comply with legal and contractual requirements.
- Set, publish and review appropriate OH&S objectives and targets at suitable intervals.
- Commit to the elimination of hazards and reduce OH&S risks through a robust Risk Assessment process and adequate training and supervision.
- Commit to consult and enhance participation of workers and where they exist, workers’ representatives, in the design, planning and review of its OH&S activities.
- Provide suitable OH&S training to staff appropriate to their role in their company.
ISO 9001 measures Bywaters’ quality management system against principles, including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management and continual improvement. Achieving this certification helps ensure that customers get consistent, good-quality products and services, bringing many benefits.
Bywaters certification to ISO 9001 demonstrates their commitment to quality, with a focus on the ongoing improvement of services. Key elements highlighted by the auditors include:
- Positive evidence that the requirements of the management standard are effectively addressed by Bywaters’ management system.
- The ability to support the achievement of statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements and Bywaters’ specified objectives.
- The ongoing achievement and applicability of a forward strategic plan, identifying potential areas for improvement of the management system.
Following a difficult year for global businesses, we are proud to achieve these certifications. Outlining our ongoing obligation to the constant enhancement of our service to our clients and employees.