Hazardous waste is a highly regulated area . We will work with you to ensure your waste is managed safely, efficiently and lawfully. Our Environment Team will provide advice on the appropriate storage, collection and disposal for your specific waste streams.
We offer services for all types of hazardous waste. Some of the more common include:
- Chemicals - includes acids, alkalis
- Contaminated cloths, wipes and rags
- Car batteries & Household batteries
- Oils (not used cooking oil)
- Fuels - petrol, diesel
- Coal tar and tarred products
- Soil from excavations
- Track Ballast
- Paints, inks and adhesives
- Discarded equipment containing chlorofluorocarbons
- Cytotoxic and cytostatic medicines
- Equipment containing mercury
- Sodium lamps
- Cathode ray tubes, computer monitors and television sets
- Fluorescent tubes
Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005
If you produce or hold over 500kg of hazardous waste at any premises in England and Wales you must register these premises with the Environment Agency each year (unless your premises are exempt). Hazardous wastes must be stored separately and cannot be mixed with other waste types.
Further information regarding registration as a hazardous waste producer can be found at www.environment-agency.gov.uk.
For information or advice on any aspect of hazardous waste management, please contact our Environment Team.