Bywaters is committed to operating at the highest standards across all areas of our business. To ensure that we achieve this and that we comply with current legislation, Bywaters has the following credentials:
- ISO 14001: 2004
Bywaters is committed to continual environmental improvement and this commitment is central to our Environmental Management System (EMS), which is certified to the international standard of ISO14001:2004.
- Britannia Safe Contractor
Bywaters is certified by Britannia as a Safe Contractor under their certification scheme that assesses the health and safety competency of contractors and services providers.
- Construction Line Certificate of Registration
Bywaters is certified by Construction Line. This scheme confirms that potential suppliers meet the pre-qualification requirements appropriate to public and private sector procurement.
- Waste Management Licence/Environmental Permit
These are issued by the Environment Agency and allow Bywaters to handle, store and treat controlled waste. The licence/permit has conditions attached to ensure the authorised activities do not cause pollution of the environment, harm to human health or serious detriment to local amenities.
Bywaters has two waste management licences/environmental permits: one for Lea Riverside Recycling and Recovery Centre (number WML80744) and another for Gateway Road Recycling and Resource Management Centre (number WML80147).
- Waste Carrier and Waste Broker Registration
Registration with the Environment Agency is required by law for anyone operating a business that carries controlled waste and for anyone acting as a waste broker (registration number CB/ZP3098BK).
- Bywaters' integrated business management system combines environment, health & safety and quality ensuring these considerations are at the heart of everything we do. Bywaters Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality policies guide all corporate decision-making and have been adopted at Board level.